Register/Unregister Software Client
Before the TariffShark Premier desktop application can connect to a TariffShark application server, the desktop must register itself with the server. This is a security precaution that helps prevent unauthorized connections. The Register/Unregister Software Client form is used to register (and unregister) TariffShark with an application server. Registering a TariffShark Premier desktop with an application server must be done once for each desktop computer on which TariffShark will be used.
The form displays multiple tabs. The first tab is a blank one and is used for registering with an application server. Each of the other tabs represents an application server to which TariffShark is already registered. On these tabs the TariffShark Premier client may be unregistered.
- Friendly Name50
- This is any name you wish to use for the server to which you are registering. This name must be unique among all clients registered with the server. We recommend using a name that includes both your name and the server name. For example, "Johnny@MyServer".
- This is the Internet address of the server to which you are registering. It usually begins with "http://" or "https://" and ends with "/Services".
- Queue Processing Interval (seconds)3
- How often TariffShark looks for new content to process. Value must be between 5 and 300 seconds. The default value is 30 seconds.
- Session Timeout Monitor Interval (seconds)3
- How often TariffShark checks with the application server to verify that the user's session is still active. Value must be between 30 and 120 seconds. The default value is 60 seconds.
- File Cleanup Interval (seconds)3
- How often temporary files are removed. Value must be between 1 and 300 seconds. The default value is 10 seconds.
- Secret Keyn/a
- Application server password for registering and unregistering the client.
- Registers the TariffShark Premier desktop client with server
- Unregisters the TariffShark Premier desktop client from the server
- Closes the Options form and returns the user to the Login form